View Single Post
Old 8th November 2014, 14:09

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Don't worry mate, the DVLA have already confirmed that the 'Bonnet Hinge Support' is a bracket and not part of the chassis.

If you remember, this was one of the first questions that I asked the DVLA many months ago.

Have a look at the 2014 DVLA / V5C thread I started:
- You can see the brackets in the rolling chassis photo.
- But the brackets are clearly removed in the 'new body shell on the old rolling chassis' photo.
- I also supplied photos of the repairs to the chassis caused by rust developing behind the brackets.

The DVLA also have the highlighted Rimmer Bros. diagram I sent them, so I have been completely open about removing the brackets.

The DVLA have confirmed that I am entitled to retain the original registration and therefore I must have an "original and unmodified chassis".

So you must believe me when I say that these brackets can be removed without a problem.

Which is exactly what Chris@Tribute said when I first noticed you had removed them on your build many moons ago.

Instead, my chassis questions are linked to Dave's extra information.

This is how DonnySoutherner has modified his Spitfire chassis.

Based on Dave's research I now believe that this is 100% legal under the DVLA rules.

All I want is a bit of consensus that others also interpretation the definition of a DVLA chassis in the same way.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
It looks like it might have stopped raining, so I'm off out to drill some holes, but I will be back later.