View Single Post
Old 10th November 2017, 09:13

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Looking at the last picture, it looks as if the rear wheel is sticking out quite a bit at the top. Worth putting some weight in the boot area to simulate petrol tanks and some fuel to see if it brings the top of the wheel back in.
Could save you an awful lot of hard work, seems a shame to start cutting such a well finished panel.
The photo does distort that a bit ...both wheels on the rear have the sidewalls poking out of the arch . The tread is covered - just. The addition of adaptors and wires has pushed them out .....The wheels are upright as its a live rear axle on coilovers and 4 bars ...

Scimitars are really good cars underneath . I think its basically TR6/GT6 type front suspension with a coilover shock , a version of a MK2 Jag rear axle , 4 bars , coilovers and a watts linkage .

Loading the rear will push the wheel upward but won't tuck it in anymore ...I am going to lower the rear which will achieve the same but , as you rightly say , once it has tank fitted etc... its looking like the Spitfire tank is going to be the tank of choice again looking at the space I am working with .

I am happy cutting the rear arches , the plan was always to radius them from the start - Eric and I discussed that at the beginning as we are pretty sure the bulge on the bonnet will end up as a scoop , so the rounded rear arches and scoop will give the car quite a different feel ....a bit more like the more musclely looking 500 TRC's etc.
So , stretching bonnet , stretching lower wing section , adding a scoop , radiusing arches and a slight banding of rear arches is going to create some scars anyway ...