View Single Post
Old 19th February 2011, 14:37

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksy View Post
Hi All, some time back I purchased a Dino replica off e-bay. The guy selling it intimated it was a Classic Replicas Kit as it was missing doors & bonnet & if I contacted them they would help. However, I am now starting to wonder if it isn't. Does anyone know if the CR & Deon chassis are similar? If the Deon chassis is way different then I'm pretty sure I do have a CR. The CR website shows a picture of the chassis & mine does look very similar, but some of the magazine articles I've read don't seem to match up.
The body is double skinned & very well made.
I'm not too bothered which it is but I would like to know so I can make a start this spring!
The moulds for the CR dino were orignally taken from a customer car, a deon dgt, that they were finishing and were infact made by a guy called Marus King who for a while advertised as Low Rider Sports Cars.I know this for a fact as I travelled down to somerset and saw them being manufactured. So deon doors should fit CR's shell. Try and measure you door openings. The passenger side is a different size to the drivers door!!