View Single Post
Old 25th February 2011, 17:59

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=simmos;20882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
The moulds for the CR dino were orignally taken from a customer car, a deon dgt, that they were finishing and were infact made by a guy called Marus King who for a while advertised as Low Rider Sports Cars.I know this for a fact as I travelled down to somerset and saw them being manufactured.

I always suspected this to be the case rather than the sales pitch CR give about their body moulds being lifted off an original Dino.

I am a pretty street wise person but a few years of being around the Dino kit car game and "game" being the correct word i can say i was shocked at the way the makers of these cars operate.

As you stated John Hurst has reared his head again recently, tread with caution!

I was one of the very lucky ones who got out on the up.

Tom Marr, top bloke.

I could say a lot more.
To be honest there is a little truth to their story.The original jhclassic's dino was said to have been moulded from a real dino.Infact the dino (a 206 to be exact) was said belonged to jon hurst himself and it all came about because his car needed a restoration,and being on the ball with prices for real dinos sky high saw an oppotunty to market replicas.
So infact cr's is moulded from a molding taken from mould taken from the real thing!! If you get my drift? But it's a 206 dino. Ian