Thread: Deon 246
View Single Post
Old 19th July 2011, 11:51

Inspace is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input regards DeHavilland Motor Company they sound very good. Sadly as with most people who have had dealings with Gordon Ainsley Of Classic Replicas UK, I am put off having anything to do with kit cars for the moment. I was just talking with another customer of his who was very interesting in regard to the company. Seems he also has a car that is unfinished and has been for some time as have I. Seems he paid a large sum of money for a car promised but not delivered as have I.
Seems the same stories (lies) have been used to delay him knowing what is really happening.
Just imagine a company that goes this.
They tell you the car they are selling was that of a previous customer who sadly couldn't afford to finish it and his family had asked them ( a company like Classic Replicas owned by Gordon Ainsley) to attempt to sell it on for them. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has dealt with Classic Replicas or Gordon Ainsley? Has anyone else bought or been offered a car that a customer can't afford to finish from Gordon Ainsley?
I now know I am not alone. So this company (like Classic Replicas) who offer no Build manual for there cars, There is no wiring diagram. You can only get your parts from them, decide to break contract and the owner of the company stops taking your calls or answering your emails (As Gordon Aisley has done to at least 3 of customers so far). What do you think their (his) next move would be.
He gets his secretary to offer you the car as it is, unfinished, Unregistered, and costly to complete as Gordon Ainsley has the parts you need to complete it.
Ofcourse you decline the offer as it is not related to the original agreement.
Bingo! Gordon (Whoops I mean the company) has a part built car (carrot) for the next unsuspecting customer. Tells the same difficult or unhealthy customer story and the cycle starts again.

Classic Replicas also build a replica Mercedes SL300 Gullwing. as you can imagine more expensive. so you will need to give Gordon Ainsley & Classic Replica's an even bigger deposit! "When would you like your car sir?" "With all our experience we should be able to take a lifetime to build it".

On a serious note I am asking for any customers past and present to come forward and contact me my email is in this forum or IM me. If anyone has a road worthy Dino from Classic Replicas UK or has had a good experience with Gordon Ainsley, Please come forward. I really want to hear from you.
I am also looking for the fountain of youth, the holy grail & a never ending pint of Guinness so please come forward if you have the where about's of these also.