View Single Post
Old 14th October 2017, 17:46

Paul L is on a distinguished road

A Long Week
It seemed that by the time I got home from work each day this week, it was either dark, wet, or dark AND wet.

My earliest start on the work lap top was 5.15am and my latest finish was 10.55pm.

So to say I am knackered would be a bit of an understatement.

Still, I did smile when I saw a photo of the little car in the video clip in the Metro.

Turns out this is actually another one and not the one in the video, but £46,000!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday - Part 1
Given it was getting dark when I finished the polishing last Sunday, I was looking forward to seeing the paint in daylight.

Unfortunately, I think all the rain during the week created a damp environment under the covers (via the sheets?) and car looks a mess.

As there is now a 'tiger stripe' effect all over the place, which was really quite hard to take and I'm absolutely gutted.

I spent a while just wandering around the car in a bit of a daze as I just couldn't believe it.

But, to avoid giving up on this project completely, I decided to regroup and focus on getting back on the road.

So my first job was to treat the leather bonnet straps.

At which point a little Red Robin dropped in and that lifted my spirits quite a bit.

Next it was time to put the filler cap back into place.

Notice the two big green paint drips on the petrol tank.

Next I started to clean up all the holes in the bodywork that had been part filled with paint.

End of Part 1…