Thread: Bargin
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2006, 16:32
Enthusiast

bigrich is on a distinguished road

Hi all...

I'm dissapointed to see the resale value of Exi's at present.....This ex demo on ebay at less than £9K is an insult for a factory built car less than 12 months old with the specification and standard of finish it had!

These cars are great fun, great handling, rapid, good to look at etc.....and deserve the acclaim that most 7's or Westy's get....if not more!!

...that said, most of the Exi's in existance are owned by people who input to this forum or who have in the past...so I reckon it's down to us owners to promote how good the cars are and not to talk them down or accept low values. Given the kit costs etc I reckon that a good K series build should not be sold below £10K....and a type R for not less than £14K....after all you don't get a decent Ford for that kind of cash!...and they're not half the fun.

Its time to make Marlin's desirable and the exclusivity of the Exi is the key. Holding out for decent resale value and trying to sell through 'non-mainstream' dealerships (who can't effectively value the car) is the start point.

Thoughts anyone?

Rich