Thread: Bargin
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2006, 21:55
Kit Car Dreamer

BaldyBonce is on a distinguished road
Default Build quality

Overall pretty impressed with the build quality, though tempered by the fact that it's been chucking it down ever since we got the car back so I've shoehorned it into the garage and can hardly get to it.

Clamshell fits well with minimal panel gaps. Paintwork is stunning & commented on by everybody. Interior isn't bad - the flock dash looks better in the flesh than in the photos. A few niggles which fall under the category of "fettling" - the front windscreen sealing is imperfect and leaks in monsoon rainfall, the powder coating on the chassis is pretty thin & there's some surface rusting beginning to form, the fuel gauge is untrustworthy and I have yet to come to terms with unservoed disc brakes (or the servo's not working). A hefty prod is needed!

Lovely growl from the exhaust - plenty of grunt, though I'm not sure I quite believe the speedo readings. Very comfortable to drive - no crashing banging or creaking even over the third-world surfaces that pass for roads hereabouts. No buffetting from the wind either.

Overall 9.75 out of 10.

And yes you were right to say it cost £15k from the factory - I have the original sale invoice to prove it.