View Single Post
Old 12th January 2022, 06:54

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Okay - there are a few cars that are 'out' due to repeats or disinterest and the 4x4 / SUV is one entire category that gets removed. Unfortunately it seems to be the one where most car makers have been investing their time and effort recently.

S-Class Cabrio - Wife wants one because she likes Mercedes but I had the V12 CL and have the silly SLK so it will possibly feel like just another fast taxi.

Bentley GTC - The more reviews I read, the more I wonder why no-one seems to be able to run one for more than 18 months without a £1,000+ fault developing on toip of standard maintenance

Porsche Panamera - No cabrio but also anything less than the Turbo seem to drive like any other big heavy saloon. I don't want to need to check the badge to see if it is a Porsche or an Audi

Maserati GranCabrio - This is what started the idea. I have always wanted a Maserati for no rational reason I can think of. Unfortunately the first time I got within 2 days of buying one I snapped my foot off and it took 6 years to 'recover'. I then tried again in 2020. I found a great car and test drove in on March 4th, negotiate on price and struck a deal on March 20th and agreed to finalise and collect the car on Friday March 28th - then lockdown closed the UK on March 26th so it never happened. I am worried that if I try a third time the Earth will be hit by a giant meteor or something.