Thread: The Kebab
View Single Post
Old 1st October 2015, 15:02

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

Having a bit of time fiddling about on the car this week.

I've just finished the steering wheel. Not a perfect finish, but I didn't want one as the car is supposed to look like an old road racer with some history.
I've altered the holes in the spokes to loose the small holes where the pads were riveted on. (The shape is nothing to do with any poor measurement when I first drilled them. Oh all right, it is). The centre cap is the surround off an old Lucas rear light lens and a bakalite middle, both of which I found in my auto jumble stock

The new reverse light (an old foglight) is temporarily in and the lip around on the rear panel is built up to suit

This is a racing car wet weather light which was very cheap on ebay (second hand) which I mounted on a bracket which will be fixed across the corner f the roll cage. It will replace the rear fog light. I may fit a cheap hidden swing down one inside the rear panel incase there are issues at MOT time.

I've also started stripping out the inside and will start on the revised centre console when I've read through WCA's thread and borrowed some of his ideas.

Cheers, Bob.