View Single Post
Old 17th June 2008, 16:35
Kit Car Dreamer

spannermonkey is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone.

Complete newbie to the forums here but I am hoping someone might be able to help me.

Since a small child (I'm 34 now) I have always wanted to build a kit car with my father. The kit I always wanted to build was the DEON GT.
My father and me talked about it many times and due to finances, family commitements, work commitments etc, we never got round to it.

Now over the years I had popped onto the internet and had seen (and had communication with) a company (whose name escapes me now) based down in Somerset. The cars looked good etc and I was just relieved that you could still buy a fantastic Dino replica. No offence but the KARMA ones just weren't true enough to the original for my liking.

Well my father turned 65 this year and semi retired. I also bought a house with a nice big internal garage and with some finances in place, everything was in place for us to fulfill our dream (Before my dads eyesight and health fail him too much further) to build a Ferrari Dino replica.

I log onto the internet and to cut a long story short, I am both shocked and very dissapointed to find that not only has the company in Somerset gone under (Not that they were a nice company I gather from here), but NOBODY makes Dino replica kits !!

Is this true? Does anybody know what happened to the moulds? Any, and I mean ANY information a nybody can give me would be greatly appreciated.

After dreaming about building a "Dino" for 20+ years, to find out that I wont ever be able to is gutting to say the least.

Anyhow, enough of the sentimental claptrap.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Paul