View Single Post
Old 24th January 2018, 18:21

Ambitious_TAS is on a distinguished road

Ahoy Redrat, a good point.

I've only got the IVA manual to go by - I think this falls under either:

c. Amateur Built
A vehicle is an amateur built vehicle if:
(a) the vehicle was, constructed, assembled or having previously been registered under the 1994 Act, structurally modified, for the personal use of a person (R) who is a relevant individual,

or

f. Rebuilt Vehicle
A vehicle that is a previously UK registered vehicle to which the Secretary of State is required by regulation to assign a vehicle identification number, and does not fall within the definition of an “Amateur Built” vehicle or “Vehicle manufactured using parts of a registered vehicle,” and has been rebuilt using
a replacement chassis or integral chassis/body which is of the same design and construction as that of the original vehicle and which was supplied for the purpose without having been previously used, or previously formed part of a registered vehicle.

Since I'm reusing the original body it doesn't meet the requirements of f., so it has to be limited in terms of structural modifications. Yet I've seen many cars cut back heavily that are IVA exempt - the A352 is my example.

Any idea where I'd find a reference on this, or are we in 'tester's discretion' territory?