Thread: Oxford build
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2012, 08:44

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
They are lovely but still £450+ per corner to fit a Triumph hub.

Just to be clear, what I am planning is a combination of after market items that will be reminiscent of 15" Dunlops. They will be to Dunlops, what a Sammio is to a Lancia D24.
I can't wait to see what you've got planned. My original idea was to reuse the 13" late Triumph Spitfire wheels that came with my Vitesse, fitting them with dummy spinners, 175/80/13 tyres to give them a larger rolling diameter and wide-band white walls to make the wheel look bigger.

Eventually, the look of the wires won me over. The adaptors push the wheels out to fill the arches better. The standard Triumph wheels sit much further in, which isn't a complete stylistic disaster as they look quite like the original narrow wheels fitted to early Porsche 356's before wider tyres became available -

That's the best picture I could find of an original before everyone retro-fitted 911 steels to them in the sixties.

Other ideas included having some adaptors made to take TR6 steels, but then the wires snuck up and sold themselves to me.

So come on, let's see the wheels you're going with, we're waiting...