View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 13:58

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Another few millimetres, but only just...
Spent the early morning sorting things out in the house/garden before my daughters' friends arrived.

This left me the smallest of opportunities to work on the car, so I grabbed my chance.

I unwrapped just the back of the car and gave the last round of filler a quick buzz with the angle grinder.
( I will return with the sanding set to do a proper job on this another day. )

This was my feeble attempt at multi-tasking as I really wanted the grinder for my next job.

So after fitting a cutting disk, it was time to remove a bit of the rear body shell to allow for the twin tail pipes.

Before:

After:

Note:
The angles of the photos make these look like gaping holes, but they are not as big as they look!

I will also be extending these holes when I get around to blending in the beer can casts.

But for now, I just needed to ensure there was a small gap between the top of the pipe and the bottom of the body.

As this will allow me to do the final round of body shell measuring.

Then it was a frantic round of tidying up all my car related mess and re-using my long extension lead...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As we had turned the inside of the 'circus tent' into a bedouin tent, or at least a Tribute to one.

I then had to man the Bar-B-Q which was seriously hot work.

Thankfully the sound & sight of the thunder & lightening slowing rolling in gave us enough time to clear the tent.

As went the rain finally came it really did hammer down.

If I don't get another chance to play outside this evening, then I hope I will get a decent run at it tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul.