Thread: Marks MX250
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2014, 17:53

Mark87 is on a distinguished road

Has anybody connected the heated element of the mx250 rear screen and got it to work?
[IMG][/IMG]
This is what I've done so far. I had to buy the switch, relay, and fuse block as my car wasn't fitted with them. The connector for the switch I found loose behind the headlight adjuster switch which I have now changed for the defog one.
[IMG][/IMG]
The relay plugs into a connector behind the carpet near where the lock was originally in the boot. the fuse block connects near the battery. Their is also a slot in the main fuse block under the drivers foot well, slot 20 for the defog. I haven't bought the wiring loom that goes from the connection behind the passenger seatbelt, to the screen, as it costs 70 quid, which for a cable is stupid, and also not even ideal as the connectors on the Renault screen are a lot wider apart than on the mx5. So instead have tried to wire it myself. Their are 3 wires on the connector behind the seatbelt, red, black, and yellow. I have connected the red and yellow wires together and connected it to the left side, and the black to the right.
[IMG][/IMG]
I don't think its working yet but hard to tell as the screen wasn't even misted up, but I expect it should have at least warmed up the surface slightly, but it just stayed cold. When turned on though, the light at least is coming on the dash.
Does anyone know if it matters which way around the connections are on the screen, and I have just realised the screen is upside down compared to when on the Renault 5, so maybe it needs the black left, red & yellow on right.
[IMG][/IMG]