View Single Post
Old 31st October 2015, 15:13

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T - Cheers.

As always, I know you are right about the "wonky" nature of Sammios being part of their character / charm.

Thankfully, I can now see enough of the finished car to know it will still look like an old racing car with a bit of "history".

Finally, the thought of going for a drive with you (+Phil & Barry) "sometime" in 2016 will keep me going through the Winter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy Halloween!
Started the day by taking a deep breath before removing all the tie down straps holding the body shell in place.
( Note: The rear end is still sitting "high" on blocks.)

Thankfully, I then resisted the temptation to apply a HUGE level of brute force and ignorance to "test" the bond.

Instead, I merely gave the body shell a few gentle nudges to confirm is it definitely stuck to the Moon Rover.

Then I rearranged the tie down straps to hold down the rear passenger corner.

I also replaced the clamps on the driver's side, as yesterday's fibreglass session was enough to hold the passenger side in place.

I made templates for the first of the support panels to go inside the boot area.

Which were then cut out of plywood and the fresh edges were painted / treated.

I added some support under the gaps on the passenger side's "top" bridge.

The first fibreglass session added the first round of matting to the driver's side.

The second session added the second round of matting to the "top" & "floor" bridges on the passenger side.

Plus the first round of matting on the "middle" bridge, which could be fixed in place now the tie down straps were removed.

I then put the cockpit cover on and left that all to set.

As it was now time to turn my attentions to the most important job of the day...

Carving pumpkins with my daughters.

This year I attempted to cross the death mask from the latest Bond film with a Pirate skull.

Obviously this was easier said than done, but I got there in the end.

And the complete family line up.

I've now packed the car up for the night and even though there is more fibreglass matting to add, it all feels very solid.

Until next time, take care, Paul.