View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 19:44

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Tim ...My experiences are purely Sammio , so can advise to a certain extent but not totally ...

The radiator on all Sammio Spyders is moved forward and down , it is lent backwards , two Herald top hoses are joined using a steel tube sleeve to create a longer top hose and , traditionally , I used an after market universal bendy hose from our local accessory store for the borttom one ...fan is removed from the engine and a flat electric fan like these below is fitted to the radiator.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2722126771...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The lower level of radiator means you need to fit an expansion bottle up on your bulkhead with the outlet higher than your thermostat housing ideally ..

Steering and master cylinders on a Sammio were not really tampered with other than relieving an area below the column as it exits the bulkhead to allow the column to drop slightly ...I deliberately kept it stockish and simple on the Sammio's using the bulkhead and all parts there of as much as possible ..

The Miglia rear cockpit and stretched nose styling is more challenging ..
I know that the frame building was never done by Mike himself , hes not really a welder / fabricator ..his area of expertise is body repairs and paint ...he's not really a car builder as such ..he was having the frames made by his transport guy who is a banger racing car builder ...The last few frames I saw were shocking ..I asked Chris for the pedal plate from his Miglia frame he had and one , just one , tap with the hammer and it flew off catching me by surprise !!

The master cylinder issue is probably as simple as move them forward ..but check your legroom and pedal position before you make that permanent ...obvious I know but needed mentioning ...if not , maybe some surgery to the rear of the engine bay with a little hatch to access them ?
The Ferrari 410 Sport that was built for the Carrera Panamericana is one of my favourite cars from the mid 50's and has a very complicated bonnet and series of hatches and vents etc..so some access panels would not be too out of place ?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/image...pyder-5284.jpg

Steering ...not sure whats going on but a combination of moving it a bit and some universal u/j's should sort that out ...

All annoying I know but the Miglia is a slightly harder car to build than its cousins ..