View Single Post
Old 6th January 2008, 08:02
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMC001 View Post
From my perspective more so, the loom was a lot of money for something not much, and after seeing the loom from my previous kit car, albeit about £100 more, it was evident it was made by an electrician. I made some alterations to the loom, including enlarging some of the main power wires, my decision only based around the rover donor conductor size.
Hi guys.

I must admit. The size of the wires (very small) was a concern to me. Ian's used thicker wire while I just went with the flow on mine and used the standard wiring from the Marlin loom and trusted Marlin. I have no worries now with the Marlin loom. Because after investigation, and having to buy new wires (after the accident), the thin can take the current. I was always at the belief that thicker wire = more current. But the thinner stuff is rated at far greater current that I was expecting.

For example.
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...e/thinwall.php

I bought some headlights wire rated at I think it was 25A. May have been the 16.5A. What ever it was, the headlight would never reach the cables capacity. But the wire was I would say at least half the thickness of the main beam wire from the Rover.

Only thick wire I used was the starter and gearbox connections.