View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:17

AshJ is on a distinguished road

Ok, first lot of photos coming up (hopefully)

US Spec chassis supported by a couple of work benches with my '71 donor spitfire in the background. Still got a bit of cleaning to do in the shed though.

Close ups of the chassis, not sure of its age but in really good condition. Especially for £50 off a certain auction site :-)

Note the additional outriggers on the rear. These were only added onto the Californian chassis to meet the tighter regulations but should give added rigidity to the rear of the car. Here's a better shot of them.

The chassis is now in the hands of the shot blaster now. This seems to be the worst bit of rust that I can find so heres hoping it comes back all nice and ready for the next stage

Still struggling with the decision as to paint it or get it galvanised. Anyone got any advice either way? I know that galvanising will protect it better and guessing that with such a light body the extra weight (15lbs, I looked it up) on the chassis will not make too much difference and may actually assist in the handling but I am worried reading all these horror stories about twisting when dipped.