View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 21:12

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Cheers Len, unfortunately there's no adjustment in the Vitesse clutch hydraulics. I'm going to pull the gearbox and replace the clutch plate, cover and release bearing - it's only about seventy quid for the parts and at least I'll know how much material there is over the rivets on the clutch plate. At the moment the biting point is really high and there's a sort of metallic screeching noise as it makes contact, so I'm guessing it's pretty worn out.

I'm pretty close to fitting my body now that I've got the engine running. Can anyone tell me if the shell is supposed to contact the frame along the underside of the rear of the cockpit - across the back under the base of the head fairing - as mine doesn't. I could cut more fibreglass out of the back end above the boot outriggers to drop the body a little but I'm kind of reluctant as the fit of the wheels in the wheelarches looks to be about right.

I'm also considering taking out my extra lowering at the back as with the weight of the fuel tank and luggage bay, the back wheels are starting to splay quite a bit...

I kind of like the look but ground clearance could become an issue.