View Single Post
Old 20th October 2019, 21:19

Grey V8 Pete is on a distinguished road

It would be a shame to go back to rubber hoses as the Goodridge braided hoses are so much better and give a really firm pedal feel.

As you say, for the copper washers to work there should be a spot faced area around the threaded hole, not a rough cast surface. Those calipers and front hubs look like the Ford Sierra brakes that I am currently overhauling on my Marlin Hunter. The cast round boss on mine is for the bleed nipple that is designed to seal on the angled face at the bottom of the hole. The copper washer and banjo fitting on mine are on the spot faced lug on the square angled boss that projects from the end of the caliper piston. Just a thought but have your connections been reversed in error? The angled spot faced boss should face inwards and upwards. The bleed nipple is above this and facing upwards and angled towards the rear. You may have to separate the calipers from the support brackets and swap the calipers to the other side of the car and turn them up the other way to achieve this. The support brackets are handed so should be fitted on the correct side of the car. As mine is stripped down at present I can post photos to clarify this if it helps. Peter.