View Single Post
Old 12th July 2017, 18:35

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Some updates ..nothing hugely photographic ( just as well with photo hosting issues at the moment !! ) but lots of little jobs leading up to the date at the paintshop in about a week to ten days ...roughly ..

Bonnet latches fitted ...difficult to see , but they are D type handles and home made latch plates ...

The top picture also shows the screen fitted and the mirrors ...all trial fitted and ready to be removed again before Jeffy Baby gets his hands on her to paint.

Graham didn't want to go with the screen I had patterned up to work with the screenposts and will be fitted with or without sidescreens ...He likes the S*mmio screen ( good taste ! ) and I suggested a Porsche 550 Spyder screen , as that was the starting point for the S*mmio ones - the first S*mmio used a 550 one too .....I collected the 550 screen this morning and popped it in place ....I have to say it does look rather good ...definitely an option to consider in future ...they aren't the cheapest screens in town , heat formed Porsche item and all that ....but they are rather nice ....I am going to get my local ally fabricator man to make a strip to go around the bottom , to look more Ferrari-esque ..

I fitted a cigarette lighter in the passenger A pillar area as well , it balances the battery cutout switch I fitted on the drivers side and gives Graham a electrical socket for a Sat Nav etc...

When STS first fitted up the chassis , I supplied them with a 60mm lowering block as that was what I tended to use on previous S*mmio builds...as the project develops into a car , it is obvious that the Formosa is heavier than it's cousins and 60mm was too much ...I removed the block , cut it down to 40mm , recapped it and fitted it back with appropriate bolts ...now she sits lovely ...
Whilst the wheels were off , I remembered that I hadn't boxed the front of the inner arches ...I intended to come back to them after bulkhead and seat belt mounts were done etc. in case I had restricted access ...so last job of the day before the wheels went back on was to box in these areas and glue and glass them to the existing inner arch and the body ...lovely and strong now and fully boxed off ...this area will be fully treated before the car is finished ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 12th July 2017 at 18:39..