View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 10:17

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scimjim View Post
anything that’s historic VED can have black & silver plates.
Is this a new regulation, prior to today I thought there were specific years of manufacture for which a particular pate design was required?
Since the Historic Classification is rolling doesn’t that mean that a car manufactured in 1980 must currently have yellow and black plates but next year can have black and silver plates when it becomes eligible for Historic Tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
The TR is registered as a 2007 on the V5. The donor car in the beginning being 1973 and that reg being used on the subsequent "7" that was built and put through SVA.
I’ve had a look at the DVLA database info for your car and I think there is something amiss.

Both the date of registration and the date of manufacture are given as 2007 which would indicate that the car after SVA was considered as being “New” (ie built from new parts except for one major part reconditioned as new) and it should have been given a brand new registration for 2007 i.e. an 07 or 57 plate.

As it was SVA’d then it is considered as a different car from the donor car and the original registration from the donor car should not have been used. (if you retain the original chassis / monocoque body then you are just making a body panel change and the car does not need SVA. Not the case with a Lotus 7 replica)

It could have had a date related plate for 1973 if the Lotus 7 replica had sufficient components from the donor car (I think there was a points system in place in 2007) but then the date of manufacture on the DVLA database should say 1973.

Having a 1973 date of manufacture would be advantageous in my view as it could then have Historic status meaning no Tax or MOT and totally legal black and silver plates.

P.S. I also noticed that the DVLA info says the car is RED and has a 1548cc engine, you might want to get those changed.

Last edited by NeilF355; 9th April 2019 at 10:34..