View Single Post
Old 6th September 2023, 15:54

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

Don't think I mentioned that I've now got a deadline to get this finished!

It's partly self-inflicted - but I'm the best man at a wedding in August 2024 and want to use the car for this.

So ideally get the majority of the work finished by the end of the year, give it a coat of paint so I can get it registered in the right colour and MOT'd by the end of February which will then give me the time to get it over to the UK for someone to add finishing touches before I need to turn up to the wedding in it. With this forum being dead / pictures are gone, and FB lacking much detail, I'm prepared to admit that there are bits of the project that are beyond my abilities and I won't be able to finish.

The complications... It's a UK car and on UK plates and will be going back to the UK and I'll use it over there. It also needs a UK MOT which living in Ireland makes difficult - should be able to get it done in the North though (any Nordies know a friendly garage nr the border?) It prohibitive cost wise to get it shipped back to the UK so I have to get it through the MOT and driveable.

Why not leave it in Ireland? It'll cost too much to import it to Ireland - I'll be taxed to import based on the market value) and insurance is nearly impossible plus it'll give me an excuse to go home more often. Probably be moving back there too soon enough.

Few more bits ordered/arrived this week so should be able to get a bit more done. Seat brackets and Polyurethene glue being the key bits.