View Single Post
Old 1st October 2016, 12:09

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I pretty much agree with everything above but I think , not sure totally , but think , when it comes to this ...

Clearly the Sammio shape is copyright as it's an original design and this would have been initiated with Gary but assume this copyright has passed via worded contract to the new owners over the years and presently lays with Micky1mo. So no direct copying of the Sammio shape and re-selling commercially regardless of the SAMMIO name.

I'm pretty sure that the IPR stays with me regardless of sale of product etc...its a tricky one but my contract with Andy Powell originally never passed it over and even stated that I could continue to trade as The Sammio Motor Car Company ...something I chose not to do at that point.

I'm also pretty sure there is no contract between Andy and Micky1mo ...as ownership of the moulds by my understanding was obtained by removing them from the appointed laminators in lieu of monies owed by Ribble to Replica Rides ...this is why the jigs aren't in RR's ownership , I believe too ...

but all that aside , I think IPR ..For what its worth , stays with the originator ...

As Miglia have proved a few simple changes , over come that obstacle anyway ...

I only used the S*mmio name in my advertising as permissions were given to me by their 'custodian' to do so ...as that arrangement is a word of mouth contract between RR and Tribute ...I accept that it can be subject to change.

I am very happy to not use the name in my advertising ..I assume advertising a vehicle or part of is acceptable as Autotrader would be a strange read if manufacturers were to stop that !!!

I will not be selling new S*mmio bodies .
I will not be selling or promoting any new S*mmio products.
I will not be involved in the promotion or production of any S*mmio items at all.

I will be building S*mmio's as and when it happens .
I will be producing an alternative to the S*mmio with a very similar feel to it and a very similar build style ..

It will not look anything like the 'resting' Alpha concept.