View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:13

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re-sited battery

I have been asked why I re-sited the battery to the boot, I should have explained this before, it is simply a question of access.

As most people know, a Spitfire has a flip front, which makes the battery easy to get at and change if needed.

My body shell does not, and if the battery were left in place, it would be trapped forever!!

That is also the reason I had to move the fuse box.
It’s always fiddly to change a fuse, but when access is difficult and you can’t actually see it, it makes life hard.

Incidentally, I had to move the chassis commission plate from the nearside of the car to where it is now, otherwise it would have been trapped out of sight between the two body skins.

And as far as I know this plate is the only bit of info which can identify the car.

As a 1971 vehicle it came out before Vin numbers were dreamed up, and has only two letters and four figures! Those were the days.

You didn’t have to lock your doors in those days, there was no crime, policemen were nice blokes, females knew their place, etc. etc and all that old drivel…………….
.Oh well…..

[IMG][/IMG]