View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 19:20

Nostromo is on a distinguished road

Did a few bits and pieces today.

Got the windows fitted, they still need a little strengthening along the bottom and not sure how i'll go about that yet.

Filled in the fuel cap slot. My initial idea was to do away with an external cap and lift the rear end each time I want to fill up because lets face it, that's pretty cool. Then I thought about adding some short gas rams to lift the rear end a small enough amount just to allow access to the fuel filler. Now I'm thinking I may cut a hole in the side and add a dimma type cap and behind that will be the original filler. Basically, I'm totally undecided.

Finally, I got round to fitting the headlights thatks to some help from the guys on here and also Luke who's doing the soft top version although not sure he's on here. Since fitting the lights, I feel like I may actually finish the car one day.

I've also realised that the bumper and rear end need beefing up a bit as far as fitting goes. The bumper is a bit too wobbly for my liking so i'll be nut and bolting through the crash bar and I'm terrified of the rear end falling off so think i'll fiberglass the hinge plates in for some extra strength.

Last edited by Nostromo; 6th May 2018 at 19:33..