View Single Post
Old 28th April 2017, 06:10

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dragil – Welcome to the forum.

Maybe I’m becoming more of a cynic in my old age, but I read your first post in this thread as nothing more than a clumsy plug for Vaydor Bodykits.

Especially as Vaydor are based in Florida, where “new tires and wheels” would look correct, compared to your somewhat odd “I’m from the UK” phrase.

You are correct to say most of us can’t afford to “order the manufacturing of a custom built supercar”.

However, most of us probably don’t have £50K - £80k to spend on a one off custom built special either.

So my top tip would be to save yourself a lot of time and hassle and just buy this second hand Ultima for £37,500 and keep the change.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C770888

Cheers,

Paul.

PS
In the true spirit of this forum, you can also have a more constructive reply too…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragil View Post
A rebody of an Audi A5 sized car. I want something with 5 seats for more people capacity... Details of the body, likely like a bugatti chiron type of thing.
Using an A5 as a worked example, even though it has 4 seats, illustrates the points RedRatBike made about the rebody rules and bolt on panels.

In the UK, if you start off with something that looks like this:

You have to keep the original factory monocoque 100% standard/unmodified to qualify for a rebody.

Which makes turning it into something that looks anything like this a “challenge”.

There are other ways of building a one off special, but they lead down the BIVA testing route.

However, just to illustrate what can be done, here are some rebodies based on RedRatBike’s Z3 example.

Where you can start with one of these…

Remove the bodywork…

And end up with one of these cars instead.

Note:
Even though they are all different, key parts such as the standard Z3 windscreen frame have been retained (unmodified) to qualify for a rebody.