View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 16:31

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T - As I was re-reading your build thread it did occur to me that painting my car silver would be a good idea.
( As I loved your story about the two guys discussing how your car still had it's original paint with 60 years of wear. )

But, for better or for worse, I am going to stick with British Racing Green.

Especially as the yellow band around the nose will hopefully help to tie in my yellow #7 roundels.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quit While You Are Ahead…
Turns out the fresh filler on the passenger side got a bit 'smudged' when I was throwing the covers on.

Plus it was now rock solid which made sanding it back into some kind of shape a lot harder.

Next I decided to brush on some etch primer I bought in a tin.

This would let me test brushing and highlight which areas I had prepared.

It is not easy to tell from the photo, but the driver's side...

Is now miles better than what I started with.

This is a close up of a section of the rear wheel arch which was just outside the area covered with filler.
( But had the original etch primer layer sanded off when the filler was been sanded down. )

So at some point I will be working my way around the body with some knife putty.

I was just getting ready to start mixing the next round of filler for the bonnet, when I felt it turn cold.

And, sure enough, the dark clouds were rolling in once more.

I just couldn't risk getting caught out in another shower, so I packed up and called it a day.

Obviously, by the time I finally got the cover back on, the sun was back out.

But that will do for today.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 13th May 2017 at 16:37.. Reason: Typo