View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 04:56

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur – Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jag – I like the sound of that ReFace stuff, as tackling small blemishes in my body work will be a pain.

The advice I was given by the ’Truck coat’ paint supplier was that the following layers were required/compatible:
- Etch primer (due to my car’s surface mix of raw fibreglass, gel coat & filler )
- Undercoat (which I noticed yesterday is actually a high build primer of some sort)
- Top coat

So I might test some of the undercoat I was supplied with just to see what kind of coverage it provides.

One of Jeff’s previous tips was to remove all the original etch primer that I’d been driving around in.
( As this was likely to have absorbed moisture which would eventually micro blister the top coat paint. )

Therefore I intend to sand down the whole car as part of my preparation and give it a fresh coat of etch primer.
( Thankfully, the stuff in the tin is a lighter shade of grey so I can keep track of this work. )

Unfortunately, I was woken up early this morning by the sound of the rain lashing down outside.

Which means there is still a risk of moisture contamination while the car is stationary outside under a cover.

But this ties back with yesterday’s theme of perspective, as I am building/painting my car in less than ideal conditions.

Right, I’m going back to bed now and with a bit of luck I’ll get a bit more preparation work done later on today.

If not, I will keep chipping away at it after work during the week ahead.

Cheers, Paul.