View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 16:44

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Deggsy - Thanks for the filler tip.

Although, I really hope that I won't need to order any more filler before the paint finally goes on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Complete Wash Out
Due to a last minute change in my 'real work' plans, I ended up at home today with spare car time available.

Unfortunately, it has been raining pretty much all day and I haven't so much as peeked under the covers.

Still, at least the replacement tin of filler I ordered has finally arrived.

The alternative option for my bonnet latches also turned up today.

As part of me thinks these would be the most KISS solution to the problem.
( Especially when compared to any over engineered solution I am likely to come up with to mount the bonnet pins. )

Obviously, I still need to see how they actually look on the car first and also decide if I should paint them BRG.

While it was raining I ordered a few more 'sponsors' stickers to help cheer me up.

Especially after I remembered I need to do some extra work around the rear lights, so they sit a bit flusher than they do now.
( Plus fix some gaps caused by the front indicator fixing bolts. )

The "To Do" list was also extended to include patching up the gaps on both sides of the body shell bonnet lip.

Plus adding some extra fibreglass matting to the underside of a section of the bonnet, which 'bounced' when I was sanding it down the other day.

So until next time, take care, Paul.