View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 17:24

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Barber – Commode seats? – Please see Post #2978 on Page 149 for my reply to that thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mr T – It is the fact I have space for the female end, that is drawing me to this option.

In the photo below, the left hand end of the bracket in my hand lines up with the front vertical face of the bulkhead.

So there is a bit of overlap to play with and I’ve ordered some suitable nuts and bolts.

Jag – Funny you should say that, as I asked PyschoPops the same question when I first saw the bolts.

It turns out that the bolt arm spins, so this is the ‘open’ position, lining up with the slot.

And by turning it through 90 degrees, it becomes ‘closed’ to prevent it opening.

I’m hoping that a big blob of thick grease will prevent the bolt arm turning while I’ve driving along.

Bad News / Good News / Bad News / Good News:

Bad News – Found out today that my car was not chosen for 'track side glory' at the Goodwood Breakfast Club.

Although in fairness, I had to list my car’s condition as ‘average’, given the fact the photo showed it in primer.

Good News – This means I can now start to remove accessories from the car as part of my painting prep.

I was reluctant to do this before, in case I actually got the invite and then found my car was in bits.

Bad News – I got home early from work today and it is still bloody raining outside!

Good News – The rain is reminding me why I will struggle to recreate a professional paint booth finish.

Until next time, take care, Paul.