View Single Post
Old 31st August 2017, 06:33

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
Great advert ....well written ...sod the car building get writing for a classic car mag!
Ha ha, thanks RRB. Funnily enough I've had quite a few messages from people complimenting me on both the car and the ad, and this one's fairly typical -

'What a beautiful car !
But what an even more incredible description, not ever seen an ad like that before.

You could teach a lot of the high class car dealers a lesson or two !

Fantastic ! Good luck with the sale.'

As for the length and detail in the ad, I believe that if you're going to sell someone their dream car you might as well do it properly.

In 48hrs the ad's had over 2,000 views and 160 are watching, so it appears to have attracted quite a lot of attention. I can't say I'm surprised as it gets positive attention from complete strangers every single time I drive it.

I'm sure there will be people who fall in love with the car and the (true) story of how I came to build it, and before long it will find a new home. When that happens I'll be genuinely sad to see it go as it's been a wonderful experience building and owning it. I can't thank Gary J enough for creating the shell, or James Martin enough for inspiring me to get off my backside and build my own dream car when his broke down on the Mille Miglia.

Oh, and if anyone on the forum is genuinely interested in buying my Spyder, you'd better be quick as I have a feeling it's not going to hang around for long.