View Single Post
Old 13th July 2018, 06:32

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur, Roadster, Micky1mo,Yorkshireman, Mr T, Barber & Froggyman - Thanks gentlemen.

Just to pick up a few of the points raised…

Facial expressions - I was trying hard not be grinning like a loony while driving along.
Plus the summer weather does increase the risk of me swallowing a fly!

Exhaust sound - I actually ran into a few technical problems trying to include more of the engine noise.
I would need a much longer microphone cable to get film footage from one end of the car & audio from the other.
Or I need different editing software to overlay the exhaust sound from one clip with visual from another.
As I can currently cut the original wind noise from the film and add a separate music file over the top.
But I am not able to extract the audio from one video clip and use it over the top of another one.

Autumn Sequel - Unfortunately, these videos take a HUGE amount of time to make.
However, despite this, I would like to make at least one more film following a Petrolicious / TopGear tradition.
Yes, I plan to include a low level shot of the car sending golden leaves flying into the air as it drives past.
In fact, I suspect there are production companies that can supply crates of leaves to any film location.

Hours of building vs. Dream of driving? - Almost all Sammio builders have described the positive reaction their car got.
But every time I am out, the sheer joy this car generates among other motorists and pedestrians alike is really beyond belief.
Especially when you consider London is generally a hostile place to drive, with everyone rushing to get somewhere at all times.
Also the 'al fresco' sensation of driving the car reminds me of my motorcycling days a bit, including the weather watching side.
On twisty roads, the car is great fun to throw around and you don't need to be going at silly speeds to enjoy a 'spirited' drive.
But, deep down, I'd rather not think about just how many hours it took to get the car to this stage, as it almost broke me.
I'm also trying hard not to get hung up on the fact that keeping the car under a tarpaulin is making a mess of my paint.
Still, by the time I've finished my 'To Do' list I think the car will have ended up miles better than I could ever have expected.
( Tonneau cover, headrests, cockpit aluminium panels, passenger mirror plinth, gaiters for gear lever and handbrake, etc. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Still Hectic…

Sunday
Completed my airport hat-trick with a trip to Luton in the afternoon.

Tuesday - Afternoon
Stuck in a work meeting that over ran past 1pm meaning I missed the start of the RAF fly past.

This also meant I was stuck behind the hordes when I finally got to watch the tail end of it.

Tuesday - Evening
Took my brother-in-law out for a drive when I got home from work.

On the way home I remembered it was classic car night at the Ace Cafe, so we popped in.

I was one of the last cars to arrive before the car park was full and only got this spot because someone else left.

I'll cover this event in more detail in another post, but here is one more photo for now.

Wednesday - Evening
Not a great photo, but we went to our local to watch the England match.

The occasion was also marked by our local landmark too.

Despite the result, I think Gareth Southgate deserves all the credit it has got.

Thursday - Evening
We had a family BBQ and then saw Donald Trump flying over head on his way to Blenheim Palace.

Although I'm having a few technical problems getting the photo from my phone to here.

With a bit of luck I'll get the chance to go for another drive soon.

Take care, Paul.