View Single Post
Old 4th August 2017, 19:21
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Many problems and issues have surrounded this car's build which is why the postings on this thread stopped.

That said the original car was finished on 31/03/2016, then placed in storage on 21/06/2016.

Now, after muck trouble and strife, over a year of abuse in storage and several weeks of restoration work it's road worthy again.

This was done becaue IMHO I think this is still the best "driving" SAMMIO built to date. Not the best SAMMIO ever built, but the best "driving" SAMMIO so it's worth saving.
The reason for this is simple unlike the traditional TRIUMPH donor this has a strong galvanized chassis (which was original designed to take a fiberglass body-tub) at it's core along with all around independent wishbone suspension, 4 pot servo assisted duel line brakes, reliable 1600cc XR3 engine, 5 speed gearbox ect, ect.
Again it's only IMHO, but as for the SAMMIO styling look for yourself

The two chrome blips under the filler cap are extra LED brake lights. My felling is as the real tail/brake lights are very low they wouldn't be seen very well in nose-to-tail traffic were as the higher LED lights would. They also help disguise the plinth for the filler cap.

Note the "recycled" cam belt as a bonnet strap

We took it for a spin recently and "yes" it's still the best SAMMIO I have driven to date, even though I'm to fat for the seats
I should also point out it's a Cordite body not a Spyder body