View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:42

89Rallye is on a distinguished road

So with my nightshifts over I have a few days to spare, I have to say with the sun shining it made climbing underneath with a grinder and welding set rather difficult.

I am thinking of renaming it project swiss cheese though, every time I touched the floor with a wire wheel on the grinder it'd open up like a colander lol

With all the welding complete and my seam sealer lost in transit somewhere I was at a bit of a loose end so thought i'd have a look at the paint. So I took advantage of the angle while it was up on the roller and cracked out the mop.

Its been lying around god knows where for god knows how long, the paint finish didnt look too bad although there are a few dodgy areas where poor prep is present (prep marks under the paint etc) and also a few wrinkly panels although this is a fibreglass tub so a little is acceptable I guess.

There were a few marks around the body, thankfully most of them came out although theres a couple that will want a little touching up.

This was probably the worst of the damage and tbh It looked right through the paint and I did not think it would come out.

Theres still a few tiny marks but I bottled out on going any further for fear of burning right through thr paint.

Im loving the sparkle, not just a plain boring blue after all.

Just want it finished now, especially with the sun shining. i'm aiming to have it ready for its MOT by the middle of next week