View Single Post
Old 1st May 2022, 08:14

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Getting there…
The 4th tyre finally turned up a day after the first three.

So, all 4 were loaded into the car on Friday afternoon, with the seat belt keeping them in place.

I then went to the garage that gave my car its first MOT back in Aug.16 to get them fitted.

I had to drive the car into the bay and then go for a coffee while they fitted them, so no photo.

I just had time to stop for one photo on the way home and that didn’t even include the tyres in it.

Yesterday, I had a few chores to do, but took the car out to continue building my shakedown miles.

Still looks small compared to other cars in a car park (mainly because it is small! )

Before dropping by my mate’s house, which is undergoing major building work.

Then on to my Mum’s for a flying visit, before heading home on the A40/A406, where I even reached 50mph!

Which has certainly helped ‘clear out’ the engine a bit, as stop/start London traffic doesn’t help.
(I’d also forgotten the ‘taste’ of pollution you get when driving this in traffic.)

I ended the day by taking two of my neighbour’s children up and down the street (one at a time).

Both loved it and the eldest said “I remember you building this when I was going to Primary School”.

With a bit of luck, I will get a decent run out on Bank Holiday Monday.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 1st May 2022 at 12:47..