Thread: bumper fitting
View Single Post
Old 20th April 2012, 21:45

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_gt View Post
Sorry, I was mistaken. I had a picture of an original Dino in which the bumper stays were not welded directly to the chassis but have other pictures where they are (which makes more sense). So I guess they must be attached to the rear transverse rail of the chassis.
cheers

Dino_GT
Have you offered up your rear GH bumpers to your car yet? I've offered both sides up to my car and feel they stick out at the sides of the car to far and the shape of the bumper at the back of the car doesn't match the back of the car/panel either.It looks like the bumpers need to go in towards the centre of the car around 20mm each side. And also the angle of the bracket/mounting that fixes to the rear wing doesn't match the shape of the rear end/rear wing either. Looking at dino photos they seem to be alot closer to the body. I think a bit more cutting and shutting is needed. Deon had steady bars in the wheel arch that mounted to the front of the rear bumper but these look as though they just bolted to the fibre glass too. May have to weld a return to the boot frame to take these as well!! And that's before I even look at the front bumpers
I know what you mean regarding the 206 nose/belly but I've 246'ed my deon even down to a new engine cover with the correct 7 vents, and personally I like the brake vents off the later 246.
ian