Thread: bumper fitting
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2012, 16:36

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Front bumper fitting

Hi all
Having now managed to fit my rear bumpers I've moved to the front bumpers.I have built up mounting brackets and these have been bolted to the chassis. Then mounting tubes similar to the ones used on the real car have been bolted to these that protrude from the front of the car on to which I have mounted the front bumper brackets.These in turn mount to the bumpers.
When mounting the bumpers, the front drivers side is almost spot on but the passenger side doesn't follow the body at all. On looking more closely I've noticed the body seems to flex real badly in this area-in fact up to almost 1" of movement can be obtain without really trying!! I've cut some timber and wedged this in causing the body work below the swage line to move out to better fit the bumpers and have noticed this seems to give the front end a lifted look. The body in this area is poorly supported and this could be the cause of the drooped nose look people on here have mentioned.
I have posted in another area for information regarding the deon front bumper stays and just wondered if anybody can supply a measurement of this item?
ian