View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:17

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
Hi
Jhclassic's is producing a kit to fit the mk1 mr2. Looks convincing enough and he has a website.
The cascu body /chassis is really a 246 recreation as it uses a dino246 as a donor!! expensive but very good.
Check out dehavilland,they are using the original jhclassic's moulds, and are hoping to have something at the stonelieghly show. Wouldn't really recomend any others. Look through this site as to who-mentioning no names but members know who they are.
Ian
Ian Is correct CASCU would be the best opton to go for if you are trying to recreate the original. Check out Classic and sports cars unlimited on facebook. they are building a chassis for the GT at the moment. CASCU seem to be very busy, if you have money in your back pocket they are deffo worth seeing, I heard that they will be moving to france soon. Also you will need to have a good mechanical knowledge to make everything work if you are not using original running gear etc. I would suggest that if you have the chance to visit JHC and CASCU you must. I am currently waiting for Dehavilland to have there launch event, Unfortunately they were not at Stoneleigh this year. John Hurst is a really nice guy to speak to, and after all he created the first decent replica in the country and Dehavilland are using the same moulds. there are now some very good options availible. I would advise you to visit and look at all 4 availible options in this country, don't buy the first kit and do all your own checks credit history and minimise all risks. With all of the manufacturers only pay when you receive the goods.
Phil