View Single Post
Old 28th August 2011, 00:17

jmc14 is on a distinguished road
Default Pics of car that I just finished-jmc14

While I am waiting to get my Sammio Spyder body and get stated on my MX5 based Sammio build I have been busy trying to finish up a couple of projects. While not a Sammio I thought that some of you might be interested to see the car that I just finished.

Some details. I built an aluminum frame into which the suspension cradles and drivetrain from the C5 Corvette bolt into. The car has the stock C5 wheelbase and Z06 track but I moved the engine rearward by 22 inches for better balance. It has a modified LS6 aluminum V8 (500hp) and a 6 speed transaxle. The wheels and tires are stock from the C6 Z06. I designed custom headers and sidepipes. This is a one off body that I sculpted. My inspiration was the Lister (Jag) - Vette. Obviously it is not a copy but it has the Lister low cowl height and swoopy look. The car weighs 1980lbs wet and has 54% rear weight with me in the car. It is the best handling car that I have ever driven and it is fast. While the "true fire" paint job may not be for everyone it matches the paint job I did on a Hot Rod that I have built. I love building and am looking forward to the Sammio!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spyder 3:4front.jpg (14.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg spyder rear.jpg (14.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg spyder front.jpg (15.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg spyder frame rear.jpg (13.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by jmc14; 28th August 2011 at 00:19..
Available from eBay