View Single Post
Old 8th November 2019, 13:35

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road
Default MOT passed !

After nearly 3 years building, my MRS200 replica passed its MOT this morning at the first attempt.

Knowing how much the MOT changed last year I have to say I wasn’t that confident it would pass first time despite all the checks I’d done. In the end the only issue was with the headlamp alignment which I had been expecting. I went armed with a toolkit and it’s an MOT centre I’ve been to before with kit cars. The tester was great and showed interest in the car from the outset. He was quite happy for me to make adjustments to the headlamps - i had set these up at home so they were aligned both sides but I couldn’t really get the height of the beam accurate which is where it needed adjustment. Luckily I’d built some adjustment into the brackets holding the MK2 Golf units to the back of the cowls which was enough.

Very happy bunny and the car ran great there and back which was a good 10 mile first run. Taxed it online as soon as the tester updated the pass status and all set to go.

He did record an advisory as to the car being ‘heavily modified’ which I can live with.

As you can imagine I still have a long list of ‘improvement’ jobs to keep me busy but at least now I can enjoy it on the road. I also do still plan to get a professional paint job but the stickers and vinyls are holding up just fine so far so no rush for that.

I will keep updates coming for those who are interested but shift this now to an on the road thread.

A big thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in my thread over the past 3 years and especially to those who’ve provided help, inspiration, feedback and ideas along the way.

Last edited by SwiftyDS; 8th November 2019 at 13:39..