View Single Post
Old 24th March 2015, 17:57

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanA View Post
Each to his own. I have to say that when I saw WCA's Z300S with an engine bay full of engine, I was sold. Hence my 2.8. Sometimes I wish it had cruise control...
Don't get me wrong, my ideal donor would be a 2.0 or a 2.2, but I won't turn my nose up at the 1.8 or 1.9 until I've driven one, which I wasn't able to do today.

I want cruise control as I suffered an injury at work back in 2007 that means I need to be able to move my right leg around while I'm driving longer distances. I get by with the Spyder as I only take it on longer runs two or three times a year, but I want the SWB to be a daily driver.

As such, a/c, cruise control and reasonable insurance and fuel economy are more important to me than outright powerrrr!

I'm in no rush to buy a donor at the moment as it could still be another 21 months before I can buy the kit, so I'm going to take my time and test drive a number of different cars/engine sizes before taking the plunge.

Having said that I'm kicking myself for not acting on this one sooner -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3910821902...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

All the reviews I've read suggest that the 170hp 2.2 is the pick of the Z3 engine range. And there's one for sale 8 miles from my house...