View Single Post
Old 29th June 2016, 05:51

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Shame about the 250 Mr T
But I love the 356, I almost built a Dax Californian before I built the buggy.

I don't know if you've seen this
https://youtu.be/k0F8K6S447A
Love that clip, and wish I had that workshop and the skills to use it.

But at least I know I can fabricate stuff in fibreglass in my shed instead.

Oh, and as for the trailer, everything was perfectly legal - it's a quarter ton trailer and the shell weighs about 150kg's. It was properly secured with straps, ropes and a wooden crucifix screwed into the body of the trailer so it couldn't move a mm. The centre of balance was directly over the trailer wheels so the tow hitch wasn't pushing down or pulling up on the tow ball and it was displaying all the correct lights and reg number at the back.

I did expect to get pulled by the Motorway patrol at some stage, but trundled past a fully marked up BMW 5 series cop car that was sat on the hard shoulder on the M5 and the white hats didn't bat an eyelid. The trailer towed without a hitch (pun intended) and was certainly more stable than most of the caravans that were fishtailing past me in a desperate attempt to get in front of me so they could slow down on the uphill stretches and hold me up in my hi-po articulated rig.

I did get a few funny looks from truckers when I pulled into their truck park at the services though...

Last edited by Mister Towed; 29th June 2016 at 06:01..