View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 18:50

Dragil is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Body Kits - Is it possible?

Hey,

I'm fairly new to kit cars and body kits for cars. I've seen quite a few replicas and loads of custom works. I started paying more attention to it when I saw this recommended video on YouTube, about a guy who built his own body kit (Vaydor Bodykits).

I found this very interesting and thought of the concept of building my own custom car. Everyone likes those Bugatti Veyron replicas, the Lamborghini Murcielagos, and the classic Ferraris, but a custom car, one that you can call yours, and no one else in the world will have it, now that is something beautiful in deed.

Obviously most of us isn't a billionaire with enough money to order the manufacturing of a custom built supercar (like a Lamborghini), so we're left with rearranging the design of already built cars into something different and unique.

I'm from the UK. I would like to know if I bought a car, let's say an Audi A5, or a Mazda MX-5 (depending on the style of car I would want to go for), and I wanted to remove the exterior and interior of it, and rebuild it, or ask someone to do it for me (since my skills of building are below zero. Damn I can't even assemble IKEA furniture), how much would that cost me?

We're talking about completely new exterior, possibly a material like fiberglass or so... New windows, mirrors, leather seats, new dashboard and obviously a navigation console and perhaps even some Bose speakers for that beautiful sound whilst driving really long distances. New tires and wheels, possibly some modding like suspension and brakes.

Someone else would build the kit (maybe a company), and assemble it. It is an interesting concept, and obviously expensive one as well. I would be looking at at least £50K-80K, if not more. Obviously, due to my lack of knowledge in these things I wouldn't know, hence why I'm asking you people for an overall estimate, simple and easy straightforward question

Thank you,
Dragil
Available from eBay