View Single Post
Old 14th September 2018, 06:44

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
That's coming together nicely .....would like to see a few different angles...

The new Complete Kit Car magazine has a fair bit of Tribute stuff in it this month ...The new Rook stuff , a yellow 250 SWB convertible that looks pretty good ...some good coverage but not a single reference to Tribute themselves which I found disappointing ...
More pics to follow in a few weeks.I should have taken a side shot whilst I was at it, but got distracted by the discussions on various style enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Not convinced on the rear window I'm afraid. It just screams window upside down to me, sorry. Could a perspex window be moulded from it, that would allow the top corners to be trimmed. I think that would greatly improve the look and give space for the rear side windows.
I Emailed Brian about the DB5 rear window and it was a custom 1 off. I wonder how much one would cost? You could use the Micra screen for curvature and just ask for the top corners to be modified, or is it not that easy?
Ha, I knew it wouldn't get past your good taste filter. We could have gone the custom manufacture, but the idea of re-using stock parts appeals, and I have a blunter aesthetic. Whilst the rear is less tapered down the roofline, and lass sleek, I kind of like how it is, so we are going with it. Anyhow, should there ever be a convertible, it won't make any difference. :-)