View Single Post
Old 26th June 2018, 00:43

Egdik is on a distinguished road
Default Exterior completion . . .

Found a more interesting location for photos:

1 terr H fr sm.jpg

Here is the radiator grill. The stainless vanes were cut to size, shape and curvature by Lasermaster in Cornwall. Then I formed the outside frame [stainless] to shape and to fit the aperture. The vertical and horizontal vanes trimmed and fitted. Then all welded in place.

1 H rad grill 1.JPG

Next came the right side exhaust. I cut down a spare box and fitted a couple of brackets. We welded on the 50mm stainless tailpipes and cut to length.

To give a realistic look, I burnt some oil & petrol mix to give the 'straw' pipe colour and 'blacked' the insides of the pipes.

1 terr H rear 3.4 sm.jpg

Finally we dealt with the boor lid, by adapting a strut to a shorter length, painting it black and bolting it in place [only one strut needed] from CBS 'BNSTY'. Action is: lift to latch and lift to release.

To ease the opening we used a couple of oem' sprung openers'.

boot strut.jpg

A 12 inch long white led illuminates the boot and activation is by a non mercury tilt switch from 'blueskycomponents' on ebay; good quality, but not cheap.

boot tilt switch sm.jpg

This last weekend I supported the KitNet 'relay' - carrying a token stick of rock - Land's End or Dover, to John O'Groats run - LeJoG / DoJoG - by joining in from Bishop's Stortford up to Glasgow and coming home on Sunday.

Ian Cider had put a huge amount of work in to this event, not just the route, but also arranging some secondary events for local supporters at each rest stop. Seriously impressive.

Read more here [there is a free two week membership]: https://kitnet.uk/community/threads/lejog-live.2128/

A good 800 miles in two days.

Car was a delight; not too much traffic and no problems

Last edited by Egdik; 26th June 2018 at 00:49.. Reason: clarity