View Single Post
Old 12th November 2016, 10:33

Paul L is on a distinguished road

More Belated Replies…

Mister Towed T & MikeD - Thanks for the temperature gauge sender and heater feedback.

Mr T - Unfortunately, I know all about the disadvantages of 'weather' from my motorcycle days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lancelot - The fact I was building the car on my front driveway really increased the interest of passers-by.

Others seem to be just curious about the "interesting" shape under a cover when I'm wasn't working on it.

Those people appear to be very happy to finally pass by when the covers are off and they can actually see what it is.

Roadster - Without doubt, diving around in grey primer is really helping to remove OCD from the painting process.

I still intend to do the best job I can, but if the paint ends up a bit rough and really, I know the car will still turn heads.

As for the finishing details:
- I have got a few "sponsor" stickers & a couple of enamel Union Jack badges for the bodywork to go with my #7s.
- Whilst those yellow wheels do look good, I'm going to leave my wheels alone for now.
- I will not put my name to the side, although I'm tempted to add John Surtees or Sterling Moss instead.
- Every time I see photos of the Le Mans Spitfires, I'm also tempted to extend the yellow nose band.
( But at this stage I will only do that if I've made a mess of the BRG on the bonnet. )

Quick Update:
Still very busy with work and it is chucking it down with rain outside at the moment, but the forecast for tomorrow looks promising.

So until then, take care, Paul.