Thread: Sammio for sale
View Single Post
Old 12th November 2017, 08:06

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
I know I'll get shot down in flames "you're a troll' etc. as I am daring to say something against one of your pals, but to me the advert is confusing. Does the V5C relate to the chassis being provided or for the original chassis?
Hi Phaeton, that's not a Troll type outrageous statement but a legitimate question. As I said at the outset, this ad is nothing to do with me and I don't know the seller.

Not sure how familiar you are with the Sammio rebody concept, but the V5 will be for the Triumph chassis. Once the Spyder body is bonded on, the builder makes an application to DVLA to change the identity to something that reflects the changes. I believe that is now done once you've MOT'd it in its new form, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a link to the current procedure (Paul?)

I'm a bit uncomfortable regarding the seller's use of images of 'my' Spyder (the silver one in case you weren't aware) as I no longer own the car and have a feeling that the new owner should have been asked first. I don't think it's worth trying to have them removed though as they're not copyrighted and I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest out of a molehill...