Thread: New Builder
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2012, 09:36

Nick59 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your comments,

It all looked sort of right everywhere, although the difference between the suspension and wheel to the bulkhead is concerning, as driver side plenty of clearance, passenger side tyre is rubbing the bulkhead? The bulkhead is square to the chassis and if I had moved it back to clear the tyre, it would have made my current situation worse!

I trial fitted the bonnet for alignment and I rekon passenger side needs to come back a good 2".

I know I am not sitting square with the frame rail at the hump....hump is tight against the frame and runs out about 1" so need more than that. Can`t go any further back driver side as I am already sitting tight against the frame rail?

Looking at the rear arches, if I pulled the body any further forward the wheels would touch the rear of the arches

From the rear, all looks like it is sitting square and I am happy with the body sitting where it is.

Am thinking this car will be good at going round left hand corners!

Think I will need to sit and ponder a while before I start any cutting as with the amount of bonding paste I used I dont relish cutting through it!!!